A social media communication application with several plugin options
Messenger from Google lets you stay in touch with friends and family online and via SMS and MMS.
With Google Messenger you can send group texts, chat online, share pictures and more all from the same app.
The latest version of Google Messenger helps you stay organized by keeping all of your conversations in the same place, no matter who you’re talking to. You can find all of your friends by scanning your phone and multiple email accounts and get started talking in seconds.
One of the best features of Google Messenger is the ability to send SMS and MMS messages directly to your contacts. This makes finding and sorting conversations, media, and chat logs a lot easier than having to bounce back and forth in your phone’s native texting app.
An important note: if you’re using Messenger on a shared device your conversations can’t be hidden. Always logout when apps aren’t in use on shared devices!
Other than that, this IM app from Google offers a nice range of features and can help you better organize your personal conversations, media, and group chats.
- All Your Conversations in a Single Place Find specific messages, received files, and contacts fast with the built-in app search engine.
- Find Your Friends in Seconds GM makes it easy to add new friends and get the conversation started.
- Enjoy Private and Group Chats, File Sharing, and More Everything you expect in a private messaging app without all the fluff you don’t.
- Can’t Hide Messages There are no privacy settings to let you hide messages on shared devices, so everything you type is right out there in the open for the world to see!
It’s now even easier to add more to your conversations.
• Tap the + button in a conversation to add emoji, photos, stickers, and more.
• In the US, you can also send and receive payments with Google Wallet.